One recipe that has been really working well with all kids is butterfly cakes.
3 cups all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
2 stick butter, must be soft for easy mixing
2 cup sugar
6 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1.5 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350F and line two 12 muffins tins.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and milk.
- Using electric beaters, beat the ingredients together slowly at first, then increase the speed when the mixture begins to come together. Continue beating for 2-3 minutes the mixture becomes light and airy. Scrape down the sides from time to time to ensure even mixing. The mixture should be soft enough to drop easily from a spoon. If it seems too stiff, add 1 or 2 more teaspoons of milk and beat again.
- Using a tablespoon, transfer the mixture equally into the paper liners.
- Bake in a hot oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden and well risen.
- Leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Take a sharp knife and cut the top each cupcake at a circular angle about a half an inch from the edge of the cake, so that you remove a cone shaped round, leaving a cavity in the center. cut each cone in half and set aside these will form the wings of the butterfly.
- Fill each cupcake with a teaspoon of whipped cream. Place the two cone shaped pieces of cake on top like butterfly wings.
- Dust, using a sieve, each cupcake lightly with powdered sugar or cocoa.